Do you have any idea how encouraging it is for an overseas missionary to receive a letter or a care package from loved ones back home?
THANK YOU to each of you who have taken the time, energy, and resources to be such a huge encouragement!
*It usually takes 1-2 months for a letter or a package to arrive to us in PNG.
Below is a list of 'all those little things' we would enjoy receiving from home when we are overseas. It is broken into two sections - Things for the girls, and things more for us (Noe and Lisa). There is NO order to the items listed. If you want to know if we are specifically craving something, please contact us directly!
*You will need to contact us directly for the address. If you don't want to contact US, you are welcome to also contact our families for the address and additional shipping advice.
*USPS is the best way to go, using any of these options: Priority Flat Rate, Express, or First Class.
*Double-wrap any/all food items in sealed containers (i.e. ziplocs or plastic sealing/locking tubs) to keep rats out.
*Keep scented candles/soaps FAR away from (protected from) food by double/triple wrapping and vacuum sealing. We've had tea, chocolate, and even mac 'n cheese come to us that ended up smelling and tasting like candles. Thanks!
*Packages can take anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months to arrive to us. Letters usually take 3-4 weeks.
*There is no guarantee of all items reaching us, if a packages gets opened and searched.
*PLEASE remember these guidelines on the customs form: Do not be deceptive (make sure all items are covered by your vague summaries!), but ALSO be vague. For example, if sending some food items, don't list them specifically. Instead put something like "snack items" or "cooking supplies". Other examples are "toiletries", "household decor", "audio files".
*Feel free to wrap things creatively. Adding some personal/hygiene items on top/near the box opening is a helpful tip we've observed. It may simply decrease interest in the box contents if the box is searched. You can also gift-wrap certain items... especially items in the list below that are marked with: ***
NOW, on to the list! Thank you for thinking of us, and blessing us in such a FUN and encouraging way!!
*BOLD items are favorite or most-wanted items!
Naya and Jocie:
- Goldfish Crackers
- Fruit leathers, fruit snacks
- Annie's white cheddar macaroni and cheese
- Kraft macaroni and cheese
- Mad Libs books!
- Girly journals or sketch books, and fun pens
- Craft kits (i.e. "Design Your Own ____")
- iTunes gift cards
- Flash drive with:
- video clips of your children and/or children from your church - giving greetings, telling stories, playing sports, playing musical instruments, recording of a performance, etc!
- Kids' instructional dvd's for different kinds of dancing or simple sports. The girls love this sort of thing!
Noe and Lisa:
- Kirkland Signature canned chicken
- Doritos, Chili Fritos, Cheetos
- Starbucks Via drink packets (light/medium roast)!!! (Iced or Hot)
- Coffee beans from good, local roasters!
- Crystal Light lemonade
- Kraft grated parmesan cheese (green can)
- Holiday (any) home decor
- Dried sauce mixes: Examples - Parma Rosa, chicken gravy, ethnic, etc.
- Knorr Rice Sides: Cheddar Broccoli
- Beef jerky or summer sausage*** (vacuum seal, wrap well, label as "snacks")
- Smoked salmon- in pouches or cans*** (vacuum seal, wrap well, label as "snacks")
- Box brownie mix- Ghirardelli is a favorite brand
- Panko bread crumbs
- Restaurant Sauces in Plastic Bottles, i.e. Taco Bell... (SEE PHOTO BELOW!)
- Cashews, Pistachios
- Kindle or iTunes gift cards
- Flash drive: load it up first with things like this:
- -video of church service
- -video of fun happenings
- -video greetings from church, friends, family (get some candid footage when they're not expecting it?) :)
- -some of your favorite podcasts (sermons, or good comedy)
- -new music
- -new movies or tv shows (ask us for suggestions/favorites)
- -letters typed and submitted from church, friends, family