Has anyone ever told you that in their parting words?
"We won't forget you!"
When we depart from loved ones, it's such a strong desire to stay close and as humans we genuinely want to remember them, think of them, and pray for them. But as we all know, it is harder than it sounds.
In our day and age, it's entirely possible to stay connected with loved ones over a distance. But as it has always been, it remains a conscious choice to do so. The phrase "Out of sight, out of mind" is a choice that too often becomes a reality. Why is that? It seems to usually be because we simply lead busy lives and are actively engaged with those in proximity to us. Thus, it takes real effort and genuine desire to stay connected with those who live far from us.
We have now been gone from the Tigak tribe for 3 months. And like we mentioned above, it takes a conscious effort and genuine desire to think of and pray for our Tigak brothers and sisters. They need the Body of Christ to lift them up daily, just as you and I do. They need prayer for their marriages, their parenting, their relationships with believers, relationships with unbelievers, etc!
Thankfully, we are not left with only our "best intentions" to keep them on our minds. We can come up with tangible reminders of them so that they come to our minds more frequently. We are inviting you in to this thought process for 2 reasons:
1) You have sent us out, which means that you are committed to seeing the Tigak people reached and the Tigak believers discipled.
And 2) because we look forward to sharing with you soon about what the Lord is doing among the Tigak tribe, and giving you some of those tangible reminders to be praying for your brothers and sisters, whom you will meet in person one day when we are all with the Lord!
Upcoming travels and sharing about the Tigak ministry:
If you are in the areas listed below, we'd love to see you!
- Roach, Camdenton Missouri: Sept. 29 - Oct. 6. We will be sharing in a small group on Sat., Sept. 30th, and then at Graceland Church on Oct. 1st.
- Ottawa, Kansas: Oct. 6 - 8. We will be sharing at North Baptist Church on Oct. 8th.
- Oak Harbor, WA, Oct. 20-22: We will be sharing in a small group on Sat., Oct. 21st, and then at Family Bible Church on Oct. 22nd.
- Manzanita, OR, Oct. 27-29 : We will be sharing during the Sunday School hour at Calvary Bible Church on Sunday the 29th.
- SPECIAL EVENT: mid-November- details coming soon!
- 2018 dates & locations to be announced later!